Saturday, February 6, 2016

Morphing Journey Continues .... God can fix anything!

       Took a side trip with "You can't fix Stupid" .... been a rough few months .... I know exactly how that poor butterfly feels having to contort and squeeze it's wings and body through that tiny opening .... WHEW!! ....... crushing is more like it .... painful and agonizing ..... still dazed from the experience.
      It is difficult to describe in a "few words" this part of the journey .... but I know God is doing something .... I feel like the blob of clay all smushed onto the potters wheel .... whirling round and round .... being pushed and spun in a dizzying circle. ..... As I am being shaped and formed I am feeling scared and unsure,  I see the "old me" cracked, broken & useless on the shelf, and the new me as a blob who is being formed into beautiful and new vessel, fit for the Master's use .....
     Can God fix things ? He certianly can! ..... Some of the greatest stories are people who God fixed ... Saul/Paul .... on the road to Damascus .... My brother ... from drugs to ministry ..... Peter, from denying Christ to the rock He built His church on ...... many many people in my life I know personally who have gone from drugs, alcohol, a life of crime, etc ... etc ... not believing there is a God to being used mightily of God in ministry and other amazing avenues.
     There is a journey each person has to take .... no one can walk it for you ..... you have to take the first steps ..... by yourself. 
  
   The fabric of my journey is being woven with many people of colorful threads ..... For some the fabric of their journey may be things or circumstances ..... God knows what kind of threads you need in the fabric that will best suit your "vessel".

   My journey has gone from desiring to be with people to feeling almost allergic to the human race as a whole. This may sound funny but .... I often perfer to be alone when I can, the thought of entertaining, visiting or being in a group of people almost causes me to bolt and run .... My job .... is "people" .... I spend 5 days a week with various people from all kinds of "backgrounds, lifestyles and choices" I talk to them, listen to them, watch them .... I watch their faces, listen to their individual stories .... assess what is truth and what is embellished ..... I must respond at times to various information, and act on presented facts ..... I must be able to distinguish the truth from untruth .... all the time processing paperwork, paperwork, paperwork ..... I have to multitask .... well listening and assessing ..... and trying to do my job to the best of my ability. ..... I have people who I must assign tasks to and make financial decisions over needs and maintenance issues ....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment