Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mental Clutter #4 The Journey of Morphing - Coming Out of the Clutter

The Journey of Morphing ..... or Coming Out of the Clutter

Struggling with Sin
v14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 
v15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 

    Paul will be definitely on my "I want to meet in Heaven" list .... I so identify with this ......
Any journey you take always starts with some sort of preparation .... Whether you are a Spontaneous Person or a Planner .... going on a trip requires some sort of "getting ready" ..... Some years ago I migrated approximately 700 miles from where I was born and raised. .... Over the years I have made many trips back home ... all of which took some preparation and thought.
    This Journey of Morphing is in the preparation stages .... Over the last few months God has been gently like a good gardener, staking out my stalks and branches to a firm straight rod .... and anchoring me to this "standard" .... He has had to deal me some "harsh things" and troubesome things that have crushed my very soul. .... But they have been needful ..... I have been stretched, and pulled past what I felt I could handle. I have come to a place where I feel vulnerble and weak .... but it has been for a good cause ......
v16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 
v17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
v18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 
v19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.
 v20 But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
v21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 

      Woe is me !! .... these verse 16 - 21 say it all ..... and inevitably that wrong has placed me where I am at ..... seeking God and His will FINALLY instaed of my own. I am sure if anyone reads this they have all kinds of dark thoughts and ideas ..... but actually what I thought I was doing good was not God Sanctioned ..... at least not all of it .... (see And Suddenly .... another blog I wrote under Terry Root's Blogs)
I had been involved in helping a family for some years .... I became so involved that I failed to LISTEN when God said let them go ..... I hung onto them for another 2+ years ..... because I was sure that God won't tell me to let go ..... Then add my job and choices there as a manager .... some were God inspired some were not .... but I again won't listen and just ran on ahead of Him ....
v22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 
v23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.  
v24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 
v25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

     Yes .... Thank God He never gives up on us!! .... So thus my journey is beginning .... my battles are also just beginning anew in a new arena .... as I struggle and morph into Gods's will from my own. This will be a bumpy journey ... I am sure .... Nothing with neat packaging with bows and ribbons .....

No comments:

Post a Comment