Sunday, April 27, 2014

Insulated Society

    Woke out of a sound sleep with a thought .... we are and have become an 
Insulated, Isolated and Irrational People!
Woe are we!! ...... WOE ... dictionary .... great grief, trouble, or distress
      I love the Hobbit movies ..... and .... yes I am weird but I am fascinated by spiders I wouldn't go so far as say I love spiders and maybe I would ..... it is the spiderweb I am most intrigued with. We have become snared entangled, trapped and wound up as prey in a web of our choosing and the spider's name technology. 
     We have become insulated by this web we daily wrap ourselves in to a point that we have forgot that mankind actually exists in flesh and blood, emotions and feelings. We live our lives at home often attached to a TV, computer, cell phone, and other forms of technical communications, absorbed, wrapped up and insulated from each other. Then we go to work, church, school shopping and many other various types of public activities ..... without thought that other actual humans really do live in our world. We have become wrapped in movie lingo, twitter codes and Facebook posts to a point we can walk by each other everyday and never see the people we "FRIEND" on Facebook. We attend church and mechanically move when we are told to greet each other during an opening song. We shake hands, hug and smile without removing our INSULATION. 
     I work with the public for a living ..... that means I am exposed daily to people ..... I often have need to "get to know a bit of information" in regards to the clients I work with ...... I am watching as time goes on the inability to "KNOW" certain things unless it is in their cell phones, electronic notebooks or ipads, they have replaced their brain for a piece of man made equipment. 
     We have become trapped by our own choosing in a web of technology, we are forgetting how to be human. There are now meds that pick you up, put you to sleep keep you from being angry, level you out and on and on and on ...... We have become a society of LABELS as our schools teach our children that LABELING people is wrong ....... we ISOLATE emotions and feelings into names and call them diseases, syndromes and disorders. We scream that it is wrong to be emotional or think different! Our children have become a society of IRRATIONAL behavior people because the have been taught that FEELINGS & EMOTIONS are suppose to be controlled yet they are not taught how to control them, they are taught to suppress them and take a pill, get on Facebook, Twitter or other forms of social media contacts and post few sentiments, words or phrases or other. It has been made "illegal" to teach controls to children thus we now experience true escalation's in child abuse because parents have become medicated and do not know how to deal with the emotions that children display...... and it has warped out of shape so far no one seems to know how to stop this train of self destruction from crashing.
      When we allow technology to replace human emotions, feelings and caring ...... which we have, we have created a society of insulated, isolated and irrational people who don't have a clue how to unplug from their cell phones, ipads, computers, MP3 players, TV's, monitor's  ........ and all other forms of electronic gadgets. 
      This morning I believe this was a God given message to me. "Lord please forgive me for allowing myself to become insulated from other humans and allowing myself to stop feeling, because it has also affected my relationship with you. In Jesus name Amen! "

No comments:

Post a Comment