Sometimes tragedy can release things in you ....... I have been talking about attitudes lately ..... and the attitudes that occur when something devastating suddenly happens to rattle us to our very core.
I have posted pictures on my other blog "And Suddenly" but here I am going to just talk about all those feelings that have happened in the last 24 hours. I recieved a call from my daughter @ 11:01AM yesterday that my mother's home was on fire. My 81 year old Mom lives 750 miles away and her home is where she has lived for almost 50 years. Thankfully she was not at home at the time.
My first reaction was I fell totally apart, then as I recovered and began helping my daughter make phone calls and text's to other family members ..... I kept thinking .... this is a dream and I will wake up and it will all be not true. ...... As I got onto Facebook and had photo's sent to my phone reality set in. I felt totally helplesss and then exhausted. Then I went numb ...... I think it is a factor God installs in us to help us through the rough times.
ATTITUDES .... they were still here ... my view of the world, life and others dictated my responses. Others that live in my house were effected by this event. My attitudes slammed into my emotions and my emotions slammed into my vocal cords, which slammed into my voice, which activated ....... SIGH !! ...... WORDS! ...... emotionally charged words and reaponses.
God was good! This happened on Saturday when everyone had things to do and left the house and I had the day to myself ...... Thank You God for helping out by not allowing me to damage others with this chain reaction of my grief!
When you have difficulties or face extremely emotionally charged times ... the ATTITUDES you hold dear, protect and covet can warp out of shape in a heartbeat and cause untold damage.
It is so important to become aware of things you think, views you have and the very emotions that you use to respond to a certian set of circumstances. Then have a heart to heart talk with God about them and heand them over to Him to help you change.
No comments:
Post a Comment